Monday, August 22, 2011

Kindergarten….here we come!!!!

IMG_7108

Thumbs up for a great year!!

 IMG_7103 Handsome boy all ready to go!IMG_7104 IMG_7105 

Pretty little lady…excited to start school IMG_7107   

IMG_7112

They are in the same class, but at different tables…

don’t they look so big????  IMG_7111

First Day of School poem

They started school this morning,
And they seemed so very small.
As I walked there beside them
In the Kindergarten hall.

And as they took their place beside
the others in the class,
I realized how all too soon
Those first few years can pass.

Remembering, I saw them as
They first learned how to walk.
The words that we alone made out
When they began to talk.

These little angels so much absorbed
In learning how to read and write.
It seems as though they must have grown
To childhood overnight.

My eyes were blurred by hastily
I brushed the tears away
Lest by some word or sign of mine
I mar their first big day.

Oh how I longed to stay with them
And keep them by the hand
To lead them through the places
That they couldn’t understand.

And something closely kin to fear
Was mingled with my pride.
I knew they would no longer be
The babies by my side.

But they must have her chance to live,
To work their problems out,
The privilege to grow and learn
What life is all about.

And I must share my little angels
With friends and work and play;
Their not babies  anymore –
They’re in Kindergarten today.

IMG_7110

Comforting to know they are walking in with their best buddy!

0 comments: