Monday, May 21, 2007

Emmy-isms...

What to say about our little Emmy...Here are a few things going on in her world...
1. She is such a girly-girl. She is very into all things girl now...babies, pink, bows, clothes, etc... She loves to pick out what she is going to wear and makes sure she has all the accessories to coordinate with it.
2. She is so very confident! I wish I had the confidence this child has! She can walk into a room with her head held high and know she can face anything that comes her way. I hope this confidence will continue for the rest of her life.
3. Her need to mother everyone, especially Tater. She is always making sure Tate is doing what he needs to be doing, even if she is not doing what she is supposed to. She makes sure he has on what he needs and has his shoes on before he goes out. I love it when she turns to him and says, "Tata!!" Like they are an old married couple and she is telling him for the 100th time to do something he should have done years ago!
4. Her silliness. She can be SO silly. She loves to laugh at Tate and Daddy. I love the way her giggle fills our house and makes me smile, even on the toughest of days.
5. Her creativity. I can already tell she has that creative gene. She loves to draw and make-believe already. I know she will have many imaginative moments in the future and Tate will probably have to go along with many things. :)
6. Her verbal skills. The kid can and will say anything she wants to. She is hitting the parrot stage. Even when you do not think she is listening she will pick up on words and repeat them hours later. I love the way she already has a thick Texas accent, at the age of 22 months!!
7. Her love for fashion. As you can see, she got new glasses and a hat this weekend and she wore them EVERYWHERE!!! To breakfast, to Wal-mart, to the grocery store, inside, outside...everywhere except to naptime and bedtime. :)

8. Her love for Tate. They are truly already best friends. I know this has been forced since they have spent the past 22 months, plus 9 in the womb, together, but they do enjoy each others company and will miss each other even if one sleeps for 20 minutes longer than the other.

9. That cute little face...I love it when she looks up at me and smiles that silly smile. She knows how to act cute and get her way. She will just batt those eyes and get just about anything she wants, especially out of her Dada! I love going into her room after nap or in the morning and know I am going to see that beautiful little girl looking up at me.

10. Her love for sleep. I KNOW she got this from me. I love sneaking in and checking on her at night and watching that little chest rise and fall as she is in a dreamland. What a blessing!


I am truly blessed to have such a beautiful little girl to share so many things with. I thank God for allowing me to raise her and all our family and friends for your contributions to her life now and in the future.
If you have any "Emmy-isms" to add feel free!!!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Em is just like her mom as a child....it is like going back in time for Mimi and Papaw...that description of her is just like talking about Brandy as a little girl!! She will touch many hearts and lifes too....I love that she has her daddy's eyes...they melt our hearts!!

Princess Ellie said...

I love that silly sissy personality she has ... I love that she is so attentive to Tate and Ellie ... and I am so thankful that our families are so close so that we can watch her grow ... I love you Emmy !

rick and sharyn mc said...

Emmy, I sure do like your style! You are fabulous! Watch out World!
Love,
Sharyn

rick and sharyn mc said...

Emmy, I like your style! You are Fabulous! Watch out World, here she comes!!
Love, Sharyn