Monday, May 21, 2007

Tater-isms...

Almost 2...what a fun age! It seems like the kids are getting more and more entertaining each day. Here are just a few of the "Tater-isms" of the moment...
1. His LOVE for outside! This is not a new thing, but it has become an obsession of his. If he is awake, he wants to be outside. His new phrase is "Wanna walk!!"
2. That dimple...he has figured out it will get him out of many things. All he has to do is flash the dimple and he melts my heart!
3. Just his excitement for life in general. I love the fact he will look at anything and get excited about it. Making 2 points with his basketball goal, hitting the ball off the tee, finishing a book, these are just a few of the things that get him excited and smiling.
4. Those eyes...WOW! Talk about the puppy dog eyes...he can say so much just by looking at you. When he was sick last week all he had to do is look at me with those big brown eyes and it broke my heart because I knew he was not feeling well. And I cannot say his eyes without mentioning those curls! I love the way he will twirl them when he is sleepy. :)
5. He is so proud of himself. On Saturday, he helped Brad with the fence and that night when we got home he said "fence...help Dada" then he took me over to the spot where he had fixed the fence and showed me. He was so proud to have helped with something.
6. His love for Sissy. He cannot stand it if she is upset or crying. Although he loves to aggravate her, he does love her and will defend her at any moment.
7. His sweet nature. He is such a pleaser and will do what it takes to make sure you are pleased with him.
8. He disciplines himself. Not kidding...he will do something wrong and I will say, "Tate, do you need to go to the corner," and he will shake his head yes and put himself in the designated corner and stay there until he is told to get up. I know this is just a stage, but it makes me laugh on the inside that he already knows what to do when he is in trouble. Then he will come to you after and give you a big hug to say he is sorry.
9. His sense of humor. I know he comes by this honest with our families, but the kid knows how to get a rise out of you! :) He has lots of practice on Emmy, and loves to make anyone laugh. Can we say class clown??? I know we chose the right name for him...could anyone really call him anything besides Tater????? It just fits. :)
10. His early love for horses and most animals. I know I have mentioned before his obsession with horses "Pop-Tops", but this was not just a stage. At least once a day he will look at me and say, "Pop-Top????" like he is asking where he is and when he will get to see him again. I know it will not be long until we are putting him on Pop-A-Top for his first ride.

These are just a few of the things we are loving about our Tater now...I thank God for allowing me to raise him and love him. I thank our entire family and all of our friends near and far for being such a huge part of this thing we call parenthood! What an adventure! :)

If you have any "Tater-isms" to add feel free to leave them in your comment...

3 comments:

Honey said...

we are truly blessed with those two, but i must say that those kids are so blessed with their parents. yall have done a great job and you should be proud!!

i love you all,

honey

Anonymous said...

I love Tater's sweet side--his gentle side....the way he holds his flowers he picks and treasures each one....holding them for hours, but I love the other side... where he is "all boy" and into everything....I love the Tater that can Taterize something quickly and destroy it!!
Love, Mimi

Princess Ellie said...

I love that crazy tater personality... he loves to have fun ... and he will be your best friend forever, as long as you will play outside with him :) I love that he is a crazy boy, but has such a sweet side ! And I love that our families are so close so that we get to watch him grow and change too !!

love you both !!
aunt laci