Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Our week...

Not much new here this week. Just hanging out and trying to stay cool! :) Tate and Emmy are really able to entertain each other well. They disappear into the playroom for a long time and just play together. I love listening to them interact with each other, sometimes I just hear them laughing for no reason at all. They are beginning to grasp the concept there will be another little one at our house in about 2 months. Emmy and Tate will bend over to kiss my belly and say, "I love Lyla!" I just hope this enthusiasm keeps up come September. :) Tate had an ENT appointment yesterday and he has lost his left tube, after 2 years, so he is going back in 3 weeks for a hearing test to determine weather or not we will have to go back and put tubes in and take out the adenoids. I pray we will not have to do this again, but if it is affecting his hearing, I am all for it. We have had a great experience with ear tubes, so far. He has discovered a new love of hot dogs. He wants them in the bun with mustard, but then he will just eat the hot dog out of the bun with the mustard. He just uses the bun as a holder and wants a refill on the hot dog and mustard when he is really hungry. You can imagine how much mustard ends up on his face! I tried to get a picture of it, but the battery was dead in the camera. He has even had hot dogs for breakfast a few times this week. Too funny!
*****************************************
Emmy is also doing well, she has now taken 3 dance classes and is up to walking in by herself and standing on her color. Mimi said she did hop across the floor last week. Hey, it is something, right? She also went to the ENT and her tubes are doing so well they are not coming out on their own, so come December, we will have them removed. She is still quite the mother to Tate and any other child she can get away with telling what to do. I know she will be a great big sister. :) Oh, and we are still just wearing dresses and nightgowns...not kidding, the kid does not have a single pair of shorts, pants, or pajamas in her room. I sure hope Lyla will like dresses when she gets to this size!
******************************************************
A favorite game the kids have started in the evenings with Brad is finding the GIANT! They have definitely watched too much Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! They will go hide and wait for Brad, the Giant, to come and find them. Here are some pictures I got of them playing...

He found me!

Look, Tate, here he is...


Watching for the giant!

***************************************

As far as Lyla and I, we are doing well...growing by the minute and trying to stay cool. Poor Brad is just about freezing all the time. :) We will be 30 weeks tomorrow, so we have started to go to the doctor every 2 weeks. All the test have come back normal, but I have tested to be anemic, so I am popping the iron pills. YUCK! We are still all set for September 19th at noon. :) Just 9 weeks!

0 comments: