Monday, September 22, 2008

A Good Day...

Miss Lyla had a good day today.
She drank out of the bottle 4 times today. Her heart rate was steady enough to try it and she did great. She drank between 50 and 60cc's each time, or about 2oz. Brad and I got to feed her the 8:30pm bottle. She sucked it down in no time. She will not be a slow eater like Tate and Emmy were. :)
We talked to the doctor earlier and they do not think she will be coming home with us tomorrow, but they think she will be moved to a special care nursery. This will be a nursery where Brad or I can sleep in the room with her. That way, we will not have to leave her by herself at the hospital. That was good news. :)
She got a bath this morning and her hair was washed and combed. They had one of the NICU t-shirts on her, but they are all too small. The nurse was having to stretch them out before they put them on! So, I will take her one of the newborn ones I brought with us. :)
Thank you for all the sweet notes and phone calls. Brad and I can feel all the prayers and it helps knowing there are so many people who are checking up on us.
We are about to get a good night sleep before tomorrow. Yummy!!

The proud Daddy



She is so attentive after her feedings.
She was looking at Brad's hat tonight.

4 comments:

Princess Ellie said...

Seeing that picture of Brand in the NICU with a mask on reminds me of a pic I have of him and Ellie ! She is sooo beautiful and I can't wait to hold her !!

Love you !!
aunt laci

Banty said...

Miss Lyla Banty is so glad you are eating good! In this family honey I knew it would not take you long!
love banty

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! I am so glad you don't have to leave here there!! Y'all are in my prayers.

Biscuit said...

She looks so good! I am elated that she is getting better and you will get to take her home soon. You all will continue to be in my prayers, God is good!