Tuesday, September 09, 2008

What's New...

Oh, our Miss Emmy...
She is into ALL things "girly", including dresses, dolls, bows, shoes, princesses, etc.
But, she can also hang with the boys in wrestling and horsing around.
Her speech and vocabulary continue to amaze us everyday.
We are not sure where she hears some things and are shocked at the things she remembers. :)
She is definitely a true "Daddy's Girl". Those two are a pair!
She even calls him Prince Charming.
She is so proud of herself when she uses her manners, in fact she is quick to point out when she is polite.
She is loving school and Wednesday nights at church for choir and Mission Friends.
She loves to listen to her Bible songs CD while she sleeps. She knows most every song on the CD.
I just love her combination of being a loving, sweet agreeable child , but not quick to follow the crowd on things or to give in to what she does not agree with.
Tate continues to be her "best friend" and I pray this never changes.
They have a bond that I will never fully understand.
I just love this little girl and I cannot wait to see her as a "big sis".


Mr. Tater...

I have never seen a child that is more passionate about life.

He takes every task as an adventure and a challenge.

He looks at things in a different light (and we don't always see where he is coming from), in fact, sometimes he gets to the end result in a way I would never think of.

I love to see his face light up at the smallest things in life, like going outside for a walk, finding a toy he has "misplaced" in the house, or seeing a new episode of "Handy Manny"

He still has a passion for all things cowboy, horses, ranches, etc. In fact, he loves all animals.

He is 100% boy, but has such a sweet way about him. He can go from playing baseball all over the house and roping toy animals with his rope to playing with his "Baby Lyla" and pushing her in the stroller, singing to her or putting his favorite toys in her bed.

He hates to wear clothes at all...in fact, he told me on the first day of school, "Mama, I don't want to wear pants." So far, we have been completely dressed in public, but if you ever come over to our house...you can bet the kid will be in underwear only. :)

He loves "His Emmy" and will do just about anything to protect her, but can still push her buttons better than anyone. :)

He is a true "Mama's Boy" and that is just fine with me. I love the sweet bond we share.

He is so excited about being a big brother to Lyla, I cannot wait to see his face the first time he sees her.

I thank God for these two children everyday and I am so excited, yet a little nervous to add a third to the mix. :)

We are so blessed to be given the role of parents to these children.

3 comments:

Honey said...

I have to admit that i got weepy reading this blog. I agree 100% with all the sweet things you've said about these two. Just remember, they are who and what they are because of the GREAT parents that they have. I love you guys.

Honey

Banty said...

I type this with my tissue in hand! What precious things you have said about our little blessings! This third little piece of life's "puzzle" that God has planned for our family will fit perfectly! love banty

holley said...

aww, that made me want to cry too! so sweet brandy. and trust me, number 3 only makes the mix better. really, i can't imagine life without christian. perfect! it will be wonderful, promise.